Monday, August 15, 2011

Comforter "Bean Bag" Chair

Comforter Bean Bag Chair
I have had a huge desire lately to make a bean bag chair for the Stink Bug. I had nice visions of her sitting on one, looking through picture books. Unfortunately, those angelic visions are quickly dashed when I think of what cats do to vinyl type bean bags....(scratch, scratch)....and of course.... (hummm this looks like a nice place to use as a little box).... Not very angelic at all.

I decided that if I was going to make one, it would have to be made out of a washable soft fabric. Which is so much nicer to sit on anyways! I found many nice tutorials floating around to make some. Many for round cushion type seat, and even some with removable and washable out sides. I began to pine for all of them. Everything about them. Except, spending money to buy the heavy duty fabric in a nice print. I am cheap. What can I say.

So, I started looking around the house for fabrics that would be durable enough and were not being used currently. Oh, and a fabric that I could spare a few yards of. In the end I came across an old twin comforter that was reversible, and quilted. It was a comforter that I used back in college and has just hung around for someone to love it again. I thought that it would be PERFECT for a nice place to sit. So began a new sewing project. I set out to make an upcycled bean bag chair from and old comforter. Weird, and wonderful! Keep an eye out, I will try to upload the tutorial tonight or tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Bean Bag Chairs -Lazysackchair.com rich domain expertise has assisted us in grabbing a place of prominence in the industry as one of the eminent manufacturer and supplier of Bean Bag Chairs .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...